Saturday 17 November 2012

Here goes nothing...

I'm not sure how to start my first ever blog post, but introducing what my blog is about will probably be a good place to start!

I've always wanted to be an author. I've never taken it seriously: I know it's unlikely to lead anywhere, and I know that very few people actually make a living as an author, but it's something I've always wanted to do. I've tried to plan and write books a couple of times in the past, but I've always abandoned it and given up. I've just never had the motivation, or time, to give it a real go, but:

I'm a second year History student, so I've got a decent amount of spare time, I've got access to any resources I'm going to need, and my University (Leeds) has tutors and staff who are dedicated to creative writing, and so I've got somewhere to turn if I need some advice (aside from here of course!). 

All that means this is the perfect time for me to give it a go. My only issue will be motivation. As a History student, I've got some experience of having to give myself a kick up the backside to get stuff done, but I know that I'll struggle to persevere without something to keep me going. 

Hence the blog.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep a record of what I've managed to do (most likely on a weekly basis), and that I'll work at it to try and avoid the shame of admitting I've done nothing!!! I'm also hoping that this will give me a place to vent any frustrations I've got about the process, as well as giving me somewhere to brainstorm ideas and (hopefully!) get some feedback about my ideas if people follow my blog!

I'm starting out optimistic, and I'm going to do my best to make sure I stick to it!!! Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment