Monday 19 November 2012

Plan of Action

Ok, so I'm hoping that if I set myself some goals for this week, then I'll be able to push for them and and make some progress!

I've got quite a lot of University work for the next couple of weeks so its nothing monumental for this week but still!

Goal 1:
I'm hoping to go through my 3/4 main characters and plot their development throughout my novel.

I've managed to plan the basic outline of my plot, so I can sort of begin to think about how its going to change my main characters throughout the book. I'm hoping this'll mean that there's a logical progression for the characters and its not disjointed.

Also, this should ease me into the writing process, without me having to straight away start the actual book.

Goal 2:
This one sounds like it should be easier, but I've got a feeling this'll potentially be the hardest bit to finalise.

I want to try and come up with the names for my main characters.

I've got a few ideas, but I keep finding that all the names I've decided on are stolen from somewhere else. I think I'm going to be quite fussy in making sure its perfect, so this could be something that changes a lot over the process!

If anyone actually reads this and has any tips about coming up with names then that'd be great!!

So these goals aren't too extreme for the next week, but they're gonna be important foundations so I want to make sure I get them right!!

I'll hopefully post again mid-week to update how its going!

No comments:

Post a Comment